|Letters to the Editor
To the Editor:
I am writing this letter because of my own experience.
I really hope the grave robbers who stole the decorations we placed on our loved ones’ graves really like them.
I went to Westview Cemetery in Carrollton to pick up the grave pillows from my dad and niece’s graves. They were gone! Dad left almost seven years ago and I have had to purchase four pillows, including the very first one. My niece passed away in February 2009 of cancer at the age of 9. Her grave pillow was also taken. I have replaced it three times.
We put a lot of time and money in to replace these pillows and as well as grieving the loss of our loved ones. Then someone comes in and takes our decorations. They are trespassing on personal property we purchased and then stealing.
We have gone to the cemetery before the date they are to be removed to find the decorations were not there. Would you please have the decency to leave the only thing left we can do for our loved ones alone?
I am very upset!
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.