|Letters to the Editor
To the Editor:
Through an illegal executive order bypassing Congress, the President last week directed the EPA to set new standards for electric power companies to meet by 2030. The new requirement is to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 30 percent of 2005 levels. His goal is to wipe out coal-fired power plants as stated in his 2007 campaign speech in San Francisco and that electric rates would skyrocket. Let’s look at the average price per kilowatt hour we pay for the different power sources:
Coal – 2.8 cents
Hydro – 3 cents (we are not building new dams)
Nuclear – 7.8 cents (no new plants are expected to be built)
Natural Gas – 9.95 cents
Solar – 11 cents
Wind – 24 cents.
Seventy percent of our electric comes from coal. If we switch to natural gas, we will be paying more than three times what we pay now. Not only will we be paying more for electricity, we will be paying more for everything. This will destroy our economy while other countries, like China and India, who are building a coal-fired power plant every week, will increase their carbon dioxide output and grow their economies. They will replace what we reduced in carbon dioxide emissions within a few years. The President’s stated goal is to reduce the effects of global warming by cutting our carbon dioxide emissions. With China and India polluting more, our reduction of emitting carbon dioxide will have no effect in reducing global warming. So this has nothing to do with global warming. It is another way for the Democrat liberals and progressives to get control of the economy and our lives. More proof the hoax will cost us dearly.
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.