|Letters to the Editor
To the Editor:
The Carrollton FFA would like to thank all who supported the 3rd annual Box City at Carrollton High School. The event was very successful, and we are happy to report that with the generous community sponsors, we were able to donate $2500 to the Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry. We also will be donating over 150 canned good items.
We had 25 students from CHS who experienced homelessness for the night. Ten students from Minerva FFA also participated in the event. The Minerva Chapter donated $800 to the St. Paul’s Lutheran Church for their food bank.
We want to extend a special thank you to the ladies from the Church of Christ who provided a “soup kitchen” with soup, hot chocolate, and delicious cupcakes for our homeless students. Also we greatly appreciate D&D TV and Appliances for saving boxes to supply homes for the students. With the frigid temperatures, our homeless students were able to come inside to spend the evening in the CHS gym.
Overall, the event was enjoyed by the students, and we truly are thankful for the support we received.
The FFA Box City Committee
Comment on this story
|Before You Post
The Free Press Standard invites you to post your thoughts on the story in the box below.
- However, before you post, please read these few basic rules.
- Be appropriate. Posts with obscene, explicit, sexist or racist language will be deleted.
- Be polite. Posts containing personal attacks, insults, or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous statements will be deleted.
- Don't 'spam'. Posts advertising or promoting commercial products will be deleted.
- Help monitor your community. Click "Report Abuse" on any entry that violates these guidelines.
- This is your forum, with your opinions.
These posts do not reflect the views of the The Free Press Standard or its employees.