FPS staff report
April 15, 2014
A new football coach was hired and a resignation was accepted by the Conotton Valley Union Local Board of Education at its April 9 meeting.
Mark Morris was approved as varsity football coach for the 2014-15 school year and the Board accepted the resignation for retirement effective Aug. 1 for Susan Trachsel, a 30-year mathematics teacher at Conotton Valley High School.
In other business, the Board
- EMPLOYED Danielle Caldwell as junior high football cheer coach for the 2014-15 school year;
- APPROVED a revised Emergency Medical Authorization/Student release form for the 2015 school year;
- APPROVED revisions to the school district policy book.
- Student Conduct, Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco education, Use of Tobacco by Students and Smoke Free schools;
- APPROVED a senior class trip to Kalahari and Cedar Point May 13-14;
- VOTED to abolish one teaching position at the high school next school year due to fiscal conditions of the school district following a half-hour executive session;
- SET the next regular meeting for May 8 at 5:30 p.m.