FPS staff report
September 24, 2013
The Brown Local Board of Education approved two agreements with the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC) for the new building project at their Sept. 16 meeting.
The resolutions include a project agreement with the OSFC for the construction of certain classroom facilities and a resolution authorizing the School District to earmark approximately $62,475 to the maintenance fund.
However, the Board reportedly has not decided yet on a building site for the new $24.5 million school building complex included in a $17 million bond issue approved by the voters of the Brown Local School District at a special election last Aug. 6.
In other business, the Board:
- APPROVED an agreement with the East Central Ohio Education Service Center for a Spanish foreign language distance learning course in the amount of $25,500;
- ACCEPTED the resignation of Connie Griffin as a member of the Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) for the 2013-14 school year and hired Tim Babiczuk, elementary school principal, as the LPDC member;
- HIRED the following certified substitutes for the 2013-14 school year: Jason Powers, Tammy Brown, Jon Elsass, Steffannie Hagen, Adam Hurless, Russell Leatherberry, Cindy Lumpcik, Alexandra Melick, Mark Rice, Cindy Sponseller, Thomas Teeter, Catherine Viola, David Adkins, Heinz Celik, Joshua Eshleman, Malvina Hicks, Linda Jordan, Mark Lehman, David Martin, Ingeborg Morse, Erin Snider, Lori Sprang, Kara Trimmer, David Viola, Kathleen Correll, Ralena Dahlheimer, John Groff, Deborah Huff, Kristine Keister, Edward Lidderdale, Kyle McBride, Jessica Mueller, Kathleen Spears, Robert Swihart, Nicholas Valentino and Holly Williams.
- HIRED Ethel Kempton as a classified substitute;
- APPROVED the following supplemental contracts for the 2013-14 school year: Shannon Schmidt, Safety Patrol; Tiffany Fletcher, Karli Townsend and Jacob Foltz, all Student Activities Council; Carrie Bengtson, Falon Jones, Patty VanHorn, Jeff Null, Becky Carter and Llyn Simpson, all Mentors; Barb Rossetti, Lead Mentor; Matt Wackerly and Jacob Foltz, 8th grade boys basketball; Matt Chiurco, 7th grade boys basketball; Paula Tucci, 7th grade girls basketball; Kenny Thomas and Roger Swain, 6th grade boys basketball; Cameron Ruff, head wrestling coach; Dominick Chiurco, assistant wrestling coach; Dennis Tucci, head baseball coach; Matt Wackerly, assistant baseball coach; Tim Townsend, head softball coach; Karli Townsend, assistant softball coach; Janet Stephens, head girls track coach; Renee Barrino, assistant girls track coach; Jacob Foltz, head boys track coach, and Greg Shadle, assistant boys track coach.
- HIRED Brenda Hamski as an IDEA VI-B special education tutor;
- APPROVED a contract with Sandy Janssen as school psychologist at a rate of $500 per evaluation for the 2013-14 school year;
- APPROVED a correction to the tuition reimbursement application approved May 20 for Jeff Null;
- APPOINTED Board Member Wallace Anderson as the R. G. Drage Board member representative for the fiscal years of 2014, 2015 and 2016;
- ACCEPTED the resignation of Lisa Armstrong as food service assistant;
- APPROVED payment in lieu of transportation for the 2013-14 school year for the families of Steve and Paula Jones and Kevin Carter to attend Minerva Area Christian School;
- APPROVED annual revenue budget increases and decreases and appropriation amendment increases for the 2013-14 school year;
- APPROVED the payment of bills totaling $118,004.42;
- SET the next regular meeting for Oct. 21 at 7 p.m.