A new treasurer was hired by the Brown Local Board of Education at its Oct. 19 meeting.
James Carman received a three-year contract through the Stark County Educational Service Center at an annual salary of $85,000 beginning Dec. 1.
He will succeed Julie Irwin, who has accepted a treasurer’s position in the New Philadelphia School District.
The Board also approved supplemental contracts for the 2015-16 school year for the following: Georganne Bryan, safety patrol; Julie Roebuck, Ski Club; Cameron Ruff, 6th grade camp; Doug Wood and Lisa Hawkins, both junior high track coaches.
In other business, the Board:
– APPROVED the following as certified substitutes for the current school year: John Bacon, Jonathan Butera, Santino Cordero-Carter, Jeannie Davidson, Alana Deibel, Jennifer Hessedence, Jordan Jeffords, David Martin II, Jennifer Potter, Ashley Schaer, Kristen Scott, Hollie Stuffel, Emily Thompson, Nicholas Wiley, Ashley Williams and Elisabeth Williams;
– HIRED Malcom Sammons as a classified substitute;
– APROVOED the Stark County Educational Service Center contract for the treasurer position;
– HIRED Josh Eshelman Abby Lowe, Lavern Davenport and Falon Jones to be paid by the 21st Century federal grant for the 2015-16 school year;
– APPROVED a Family Medical Leave of Absence for Pearl Bare, retroactively to Sept. 30;
– HIRED Georganne Bryan and Abigal Lowe as home instructors for the current school year;
– APPROVED a five-year financial forecast showing no deficit through 2019;
– APPROVED contracts for $49,310 for Kahoe Air Balance Co. to test and balance mechanicals, and $27,000 to Carroll County Environmental for tap fees for the new school building construction project;
– APPROVED bills totaling $2,602,931.43;
– SET the next regular meeting for Nov. 16 at 7:30 p.m.