Phase 1 of the privatization process for Carroll Hills Industries has started.
That’s what Supt. Matt Campbell told the Carroll County Board of Developmental Disabilities at the Sept. 23 meeting.
Campbell said four individuals who receive adult services have already been moved to the 1182 Roswell Rd. location due to a team leader being hired as a job coach. “We will be moving staff and individuals receiving services before Jan. 1, 2018, to avoid moving people twice and so renovation can occur in both buildings,” he added.
In other business, Supt. Campbell reported on an Ohio Superintendents of County Boards Executive Committee meeting held Sept. 9 at the Franklin County Board of DD he also attended.
Campbell said the Ball vs. Kasich lawsuit was discussed with a current request for a class action lawsuit.
“Nov. 1, 2016, will start the adult services redesign in which all day service providers must provide at least a skill development for each person with disabilities served,” he told the board.
The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities will be increasing visits to providers that are in violation of 2014 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services rule. Providers have to be compliant with community integration, day services separation from residential services and person centered services, Campbell explained.
In other action, the Board:
– APPROVED the payment of $1,845.54 for August bills in the hot lunch account;
– APPROVED payment of $73,134.73 for August bills in the General Funds account;
– APPROVED the payment of $11,349.87 for August bills in the Residential Services account;
– APPROVED revisions to the Personnel Policies and Procedures manual;
– APPROVED the estimate of $18,225 minus the pavilion roof for Wade Hutt Construction to replace the roof at the administration building on Roswell Rd;
– APPROVED the 2016-17 bus and van routes;
– HELD a 17-minute executive session to consider compensation of a public employee;
– APPROVED three new and one renewal applications for Family Selected services;
– SET the next regular meeting for Thursday, Oct. 27, at 5:30 p.m. at the Administration building at 1182 Roswell Rd. NW, Carrollton.