Community forums on privatization of Carroll Hills industries are to be held in June.
This was determined following an update on the privatization plan for Carroll Hills Industries located on N. High St. in Carrollton at the April 28 meeting of the Carroll County Board of Developmental Disabilities. However, no definite date has been set yet.
In the meantime, the staff is in the process of obtaining approval to expand the septic system capacity and building occupancy at the Carroll Hills administration building on SR 39, west of Carrollton, as preparation for Carroll Hills Industries to move services to this location.
In other business, the board:
– APPROVED a five-year contract of Supt. Matt Campbell extending from Jan. 1, 2016, through Dec. 31, 2020, with the salary of $86,000 remaining the same;
– APPROVED an addendum agenda item for the Service and Support Administrative director’s duties increasing from $25,000 to $30,000 and six weeks of vacation;
– APPROVED an adult services contract between Carroll County Board of DD and Carroll Hills Industries, Inc. from April 28, 2016 to Jan. 1, 2018;
– APPROVED the 2016-17 Carroll Hills program calendar;
– APPROVED payment of March bills in the general fund account of $59.572.52; $969.98 for March bills in the hot lunch account, and $5,055.52 for March bills in the residential services account;
– HEARD Business Manager Ray Heaston report three busses were delivered from Myers Equipment and the board received $71,250 from the EPA Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program;
– HEARD Campbell report that Carroll Hills School received a $5,000 donation from Carroll County Energy Facility Project with the money to be used to purchase interactive white boards for 2 to 3 classes;
– LEARNED the Board received official confirmation of acceptance of plan of correction and award of a three-year accreditation from the Ohio Department of Development Disabilities through March 31, 2019;
– SET the next regular meeting June 23 at 5:30 p.m. in the administration building.