Cops nab wanted felon in Stark Co.



By Carol McIntire Editor

A convicted felon who has eluded law enforcement officials since January is now in custody. Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said

Charles D. Stutler, who was indicted by a county grand jury in January on drug-related charges, was apprehended in Canton Aug. 25 and is now in the county jail. “Two of my deputies along with Stark County deputies, Canton Police and U.S. marshals acted on intelligence we received a couple weeks ago about his location,” Williams said. “We received information he was living in his mother’s home in one of the less desirable neighborhoods of Canton. Since U.S. Marshals do not need a search warrant, they entered the home first and found Stutler inside.”

Stutler, 24, whose address is listed as 3092 Jasmine Rd., Carrollton, on court records, was indicted Jan. 7 on two counts of trafficking in heroin, both fifth degree felonies (F5). He plead not guilty to the charges in the indictment during a hearing Aug. 27 in Carroll County Common Pleas Court before Judge Dominick E. Olivito Jr. Bond was set at $250,000, cash or surety.

A pre-trial hearing is scheduled Sept. 10.


Stutler is no stranger to the criminal justice system. A Carroll County grand jury indicted him on one count of receiving stolen property in May 2011 for concealing items from law enforcement which were stolen in March of the same year; one count of theft and one count of receiving stolen property in September 2011 for allegedly stealing batteries from boats at Mohawk and Atwood Lake and selling them at a local recycling center and in November 2011 on one count of trafficking in heroin, one count of possession of heroin and one count of tampering with evidence for selling heroin in October 2012 along with one count of theft for removing personal items from the home of a family member when the grand jury met in November 2011. He was placed on a three-year reporting probation in January 2012 for the May 2011 charges.He violated the probation and was sentenced to six months in the county jail in January 2013. He was placed on a five-year probation for the September 2011 charges. He again violated his probation and was sentenced to eight months in prison. He was sentenced to 11 months in prison on the November charges, was sent to the Lorain Correctional Facility Jan. 29, 2013 and was released in March 2014.