The Carroll County Board of Developmental Disabilities approved the purchase of three new buses at their Nov. 12 meeting.
Myers Equipment Corp. of Canfield was awarded a bid in the amount of $91,341 with options per two 30-passenger Thomas built buses and $95,907 with options for one 71/72-passenger Thomas built bus for a total of $278,589.
A $71,250 EPA Clean Diesel grant award will cover the total amount.
The other bid of $87,498 for an International built 31-passenger bus and $98,654 International built 71-passenger bus was submitted by Truck Sales & Services, Inc. of Midvale.
Options approved for the Myers bid total included $1,960 4-wheel disc brakes, $112 heated driver seat, $275 AM/FM/CD radio, $210 heavy duty gray marbleized floor, $12 cloth drive seat, $212 16-gauge side panels, $198 rear hatch power vent, $122 strobe light and $235 air driver’s seat.
In other business, the Board:
APPROVED the 2016 operating budget of $4,691,050;
– APPROVED the 2016 resolution to pay the non-federal share of Medicaid expenditures totaling $215,000.
– APPROVED payment of $1,634.94 for October bills in the hot lunch account;
– APPROVED payment of $51,443.84 for October bills in the general fund account;
– APPROVED payment of $37,570.81 for October bills in the Residential and Services account;
– APPROVED two new applications and one renewal application for Family Selected Services;
– HELD a 20-minute executive session to consider employment of a public employee or official with no action;
During the meeting, Supt. Matt Campbell told the Board he received the Carroll County Board Accreditation survey notification Oct. 23 and mailed it to Vivian Burks Nov. 2. The board will receive a list of staff and individuals served that the accreditation team from the Department of the Ohio Development of Disabilities will review 60 days prior to Jan. 20, 2016.
Campbell also reported the Services and Supervisor Administrator position applications are due Nov. 20.
The Board’s next regular meeting is Jan. 28 at 5:30 p.m. at the administration building at 1182 Roswell Rd. NW, Carrollton.