By Carol McIntire
Carroll County voters can now access voting information on their smart phones, including what’s on the ballot and where the poll sites are located on the new Ohio Voter Information app.
The app is free and can be found on the Play Store for Android phone users and on the App Store for iPhone owners by searching for Ohio Voter Info.
Vickie Reed, director of the Carroll County Board of Elections, noted information available with the application is considered public record information and is readily available at the Board of Elections office.
“By using the app, the data is available right in the palm of your hand,” Reed said.
With the app, voters will be able to:
* See the residence address they currently have on file (if it’s wrong, voters can update the information from the app).
* See their voting history.
* Check the status of their absentee ballot, if they have requested one.
* Find polling site information, so they know where they can vote.
* View available sample ballots for upcoming elections.
Voters can download the free app by searching for “Ohio Voter Information” in each respective app store. After installing the app, voters will need to customize it, as follows:
* Go to “voter settings”; in “search county” scroll to select their county of residence.
* Set push notifications to “on” and email notifications to “on” by moving the button to the right.
* Put in their email address and phone number of the device on which they want to receive notices.
* Once they complete those settings, voters need to select “save settings.”
* Press the “voter lookup” icon.
* Type in their last name and first name and then click “submit” to display some of the specific information that’s on file for them.
* Next to “name and birth”, voters will see “set as my voter info” in green. They should press that and then press “save settings” on the next screen.
* Voters can then click on the “My Voter Info” icon to look at the most current information on file.