Three resignations were accepted and a new high school math teacher was hired at the Dec. 18 meeting of the Sandy Valley Board of Education.
Resignations included Teri Upperman as high school café supervisor, and Victor Morales, high school girls’ soccer coach, effective at the conclusion of the 2017-18 season.
Resignation/retirements were also accepted from Judith Orchard, high school instructional coach, effective May 31 with 38 years of service, including 21 years at Sandy Valley, and Renee Neisel, Accounts Payable/Receivable, effective Dec. 31 with 36 years of service at Sandy Valley.
Neisel was then issued a one-year limited contract as Accounts Payable/Receivable effective Jan. 1. Kayle McQuaide was hired as a high school math teacher effective Dec. 1.
In other business, the Board:
– APPROVED a supplemental contract for Joseph Boyer as bowling coach;
– APPROVED a one-time stipend for Renee Neisel, Accounts Payable/Receivable in the amount of $1,202;
– ADOPTED a resolution to join the Ohio School Boards Association’s Legal Assistance fund for 2018 at a cost of $250;
– VOTED to join the Ohio School Boards Association for 2018 at a total cost of $4,628;
– APPROVED student fundraisers for the library, middle school girls’ basketball team; FCCLA bake sale and elementary art sale;
– ALLOWED Aubrey Hintz and Matthew Slager to attend Sandy Valley Local Schools for the 2017-18 school year through open enrollment;
– APPROVED a Superfleet Mastercard expenditure of $5,522.33;
– REVISED 12 board policies, including College Credit Plus program, attendance, use of medications, drug prevention, amenities for participants at meetings and/or other occasions, recognition, disposition of real property/personal property, Technology Acceptable Use and Safety, staff technology Acceptable Use and Safety, District-issued staff email account, district-issued student email account and bus driver certification;
– SET the date of Jan. 4 at 6 p.m. as the board’s organizational meeting and appointed Ike Winters as president pro tem;
– HELD an executive session to discuss employment of a public employee with no action;
– HELD a public hearing to discuss the Sandy Valley 2018-19 school calendar prior to the Board’s regular meeting.