Carroll County voters favored four of the six village tax levies on the Nov. 3 ballot while four of the five township levy requests were approved by voters Tuesday.
School renewal levies in Sandy Valley and Edison Local School Districts were approved by Carroll County voters and the ambulance levy for the Quad Ambulance District received a favorable response in Carroll County
Voters rejected both local options in Augusta Twp. and Carroll Countians joined voters statewide in approving two of the three state issues and rejected legalizing the sale of marijuana in Ohio.
Following are the unofficial results of the various levies on Tuesday’s ballot in Carroll County:
– Dellroy: 5-mill operating levy renewal: For 84; Against 20.
– Sherrodsville: 2-mill current expense renewal: For 64; Against 17.
– Magnolia: 3-mill current expense renewal: For 65 (Carroll County); Against 12 (Carroll County).
– Magnolia: Additional 5-mill levy for new fire department: For 54 (Carroll County) Against 23 (Carroll County).
– Amsterdam: 3-mill recreation renewal: For 74 (Jefferson County); Against 48 (Jefferson county).
– Bergholz: 4-mill current expenses renewal: For 168 (Jefferson County); Against 52 (Jefferson County).
– Augusta Twp.: 2.5-mill road levy renewal: For 295; Against 145.
Brown Twp.: Additional 1.5 mill road levy: For 551; Against 881.
– Fox Twp.: 2.5-mill road levy renewal: For 175; Against 113.
– Loudon Twp.: 0.5-mill replacement levy for fire protection: For 209; Against 102.
– Monroe Twp.-Conotton Valley School District: 1-mill renewal for Sherrodsville Fire District: For 154; Against 60.
– Sandy Valley SD: 2-mill renewal for general permanent improvements: For 1,691; Against 890.
– Edison Local SD: 2-mill renewal for emergency requirements of the school district: For 2,782; Against 2,455.
– Renewal of a 3-mill tax for the Quad Ambulance District; For 1,173; Against 472.
_ Sale of beer, wine and mixed beverages at Cedar Shack Drive Thru: Yes 206; No 237.
– Sale of beer, wine and mixed beverages on Sunday at Cedar Shack Drive Thru: Yes 178; No 267.
(Carroll County vote)
– Issue 1 – Creation of a bipartisan, public process for drawing legislative districts throughout the state: Yes 5,264; No 2,787.
– Issue 2 Anti-monopoly amendment protecting the initiative process from being used for personal economic benefit: Yes 4,556; No 3,936.
– Issue 3 Grants a monopoly for the commercial production and sale of marijuana for recreational and medical purposes: Yes 2,790; No 5,824.